If you are on regular medication you will be issued with a repeat prescription slip, which will enable you to obtain your medication without an appointment.
For medical and legal reasons, records of prescriptions are kept on the patient’s computer record.
You may obtain your prescription in any one of the following ways:
- Call at the surgery in person any time and post your repeat slip through the letterbox or in the box on the Reception desk.
- Send in your repeat slip with a stamped addressed envelope if using a different pharmacy than Davidson's, Comrie. We aim to process it on the day it is received and will then post it back to you or the pharmacy of your choice. Please allow sufficient time for postage.
- Post your prescription slip in the box held at Davidson's, Comrie. The pharmacist will make sure prescription requests are sent along to the surgery daily.
- Request your repeat prescriptions online via the form on this website.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you have ticked your prescription slip for each item you require.
All prescriptions will be sent to the Davidson's in Comrie unless otherwise instructed.
When we receive your repeat request the records have to be extracted, the prescription processed then checked. It then goes to the Doctor to be checked before she/he signs it. This can take up to two days. Please, therefore, allow sufficient time for this process, and time for the post. Do not wait until you are almost out of medicine before requesting more drugs.
Please note that, for reasons of patient confidentiality, we do not fax prescriptions to chemists on a routine basis.
Telephone requests for repeat prescriptions are the cause of most of the errors that have occurred in the repeat prescription system. We must insist therefore, that, in normal circumstances, telephone requests cannot be accepted.